New in the Mathematics & Statistics for the New Zealand Curriculum series, Focus on Level 4 provides literacy and numeracy support for Year 10 and other students in secondary and intermediate maths classes who are completing Curriculum Level 4. Written by leading New Zealand educators and experienced teachers who work with lower-ability students in the maths classroom, Focus on Level 4 focuses on a curriculum level rather than a school year to provide appropriate resources to motivate students to succeed at that level.
- A greater focus on foundation-level questions allows students to experience success immediately to build the confidence they need to extend their learning.
- Topic introductions encourage students to use different strategies when looking at concepts and approaching problems to suit their own learning styles and abilities.
- Mathematical games, working mathematically investigations and enrichment puzzles ensure that students of all abilities are exposed to every area of maths.
- Literacy support throughout the text provides opportunities for students to develop their language and communication skills.
- The considered and student-friendly approach to language and illustrated design caters for a range of abilities and learning styles and helps to engage reluctant learners.